We don’t know about you, but we sense a distinct feeling of tension in the air. This time of year, is normally one of parties, winding down a little, plus of course making exciting plans with clients for the coming months.
We don’t need to tell you that the parties are off and Christmas, while not cancelled, is going to be a subdued affair. But just in case that’s not enough, there’s also the tangible sense of uncertainty.
At the time of writing, a free-trade deal between the EU and the UK was looking unlikely. This means many brands are wondering exactly what the business landscape will look like in a couple of months.
However, we’re all about optimism here at Brandality and are firm believers in getting to grips with what’s in our control and trying not to stress about what isn’t. You might not be planning big new launches, campaigns or rebrands, but that doesn’t mean you should be hunkered down doing nothing.
So, here’s our check list to help you prepare for whatever, the New Year holds:
Take time to do a proper audit of your website
- Does it reflect your brand values and your business offer? Don’t just give it a quick read, really scrutinise every word and photograph. Even if you launched last year, the world – and your customers, have changed. Can you honestly say that you and your brand have changed with them?
- If you’ve not updated company photography – particularly team shots, for more than a year, it’s probably time to do it now
- Is your company news up to date? There’s nothing worse than a ‘news’ page that hasn’t been updated in 18 months
It’s also time to reassess your brand assets
- Does your packaging stand out in every retail channel? What works for a bricks & mortar retailer, doesn’t necessarily work online.
- Is your brand photography good quality and high-resolution? Don’t fall back on the cheap option of a CGI graphic – it shows
- Does your branding stretch through every aspect of your business? From your products to delivery packaging…even customer newsletters.
Business isn’t going to get easier any time soon (unless you’re Amazon or Netflix) – you can’t force Boris and Ursula to get over themselves to strike a deal, and you have no control over how fast the Covid-19 vaccine is rolled out.
Instead, concentrate on the things you can control and put your brand in the best possible place to weather the storm and come out the other side stronger than ever.
Even better, call us for a chat about how we can help you get your brand in top shape to cope with whatever 2021 holds. Drop us a line on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0208 064 1020.